Fort Worth Spine Injury Lawyer
Suffered a Spine Injury in an Accident?
A spinal cord injury is a devastating injury that can cause severe complications, including paralysis and death. The severity of a spinal cord injury is often determined by the location of the injury. The lowest part of the spinal cord is known as the “cervical spine,” which is the area of the spine that connects the neck to the upper back. Damage to the cervical spine can result in paralysis of the arms, hands, and/or legs. Injuries to the middle part of the spine, known as the “thoracic spine,” can lead to paralysis of the chest and/or abdominal regions. Injuries to the upper part of the spine, known as the “cervical spine,” can cause paralysis to the neck and head.
If you or someone you love has suffered a spinal cord injury, you need an experienced attorney who can help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal process. At the Law Office of Paul Previte, we provide compassionate and knowledgeable legal representation to individuals in Fort Worth and throughout Tarrant County.
Call us at 817-335-4357 to schedule a free consultation.
What is a Spine Injury?
A spine injury is any injury to the spine, the column of bones that connects the head and body. The spine is made up of multiple bones called vertebrae, which are separated by discs of cartilage. These discs allow the spine to bend and twist. The spinal cord is the bundle of nerves that connects the brain to the rest of the body. Damage to the spine can damage the spinal cord and vice versa.
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can be caused by a number of different accidents. The most common causes of spinal cord injuries include:
- Car accidents: Car accidents are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries. The force of a car accident can knock a person’s head back or forward, which can cause damage to the cervical spine. Rear-end car accidents can also cause damage to the cervical spine. The weight of a car can also crush the spine if a person is hit by a car while standing or sitting in traffic.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are also a common cause of spinal cord injuries. Motorcycles are much smaller than cars, which means that they are more likely to be hit by a car. If a person is hit by a car while riding a motorcycle, the impact can cause damage to the cervical spine.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents can cause severe spinal cord injuries. Large trucks are often difficult to see, which means that a person can be hit by a truck without seeing it coming. Truck accidents can result in damage to the cervical spine or the thoracic spine.
- Premises liability: Injuries that occur on someone else’s property can result in a premises liability claim. If a property owner fails to make their property safe, they can be held responsible for any injuries that occur. A spinal cord injury can occur on a property if a dangerous hazard is not removed or if a hazard is not properly marked.
- Spinal cord surgery complications: Spinal cord surgery can result in complications that cause a spinal cord injury. The risk of complications is one of the reasons why many doctors and patients are reluctant to perform surgery on the spine.
- Violence: Violent crimes can result in spinal cord injuries. A person can be thrown to the ground and hit their head, which can damage the cervical spine. A gunshot wound to the back can also cause damage to the spinal cord.
- Premature birth: Premature birth can cause a spinal cord injury if the baby is too small to fit through the birth canal. A premature birth can cause the spinal cord to be compressed, which can cause damage to the spinal cord.
- Defective products: Defective products can cause spinal cord injuries. A defective product can cause a person to fall or be hit by another person, which can result in a spinal cord injury.
- Negligence: Negligence can cause a spinal cord injury. If a person fails to act reasonably, they can be held responsible for an injury. If a person fails to act reasonably and a spinal cord injury occurs, they can be held liable for the injury.
What Is the Treatment for a Spinal Cord Injury?
After a spinal cord injury, it is important to seek immediate medical treatment. A spinal cord injury is a medical emergency, and prompt medical care can help prevent further damage and complications. The initial medical treatment will depend on the severity of the injury. After initial treatment, most spinal cord injuries require a long-term medical treatment plan to manage complications and improve the injured person’s quality of life. In many cases, spinal cord injury patients will need to undergo extensive physical therapy and rehabilitation in order to regain some level of mobility.
Ready to Help You Today
Our Fort Worth spinal cord injury lawyer has the experience, knowledge, and dedication to fight for the compensation you deserve. Do not hesitate to let us guide you throughout the legal process while protecting your rights and best interests.
Contact us today to discuss your case and learn about your legal options.